News for August 2013
TTC’s Pape Station re-opens tomorrow
August 30, 2013
The TTC’s Pape Station will re-open tomorrow morning, Aug. 31, at 6 a.m.
- TTC increases service on many routes
August 29, 2013 - The Toronto Transit Commission is making service increases and reliability improvements on many busy routes starting Sunday, September 1.
- TTC back to school reminder
August 28, 2013 - The Toronto Transit Commission is reminding students heading back to school to purchase their appropriate 2013-2014 TTC Student or Post-Secondary Student Photo ID card.
- TTC Wheel-Trans contracted taxi service public consultation
August 21, 2013 - The public is invited to provide input for consideration by TTC staff as they prepare a Request for Proposal (RFP) for Wheel-Trans contracted taxi service
- Spadina-King intersection to re-open tomorrow TTC King streetcar back to regular routing
August 19, 2013 - The Spadina-King intersection will re-open tomorrow morning as planned at 6 a.m.
- TTC announces Ride Guide Photo Contest winner
August 15, 2013 - The Toronto Transit Commission, in partnership with Spacing Magazine, is pleased to announce the winner of the TTC Ride Guide Photo Contest.
- Reminder: TTC's Pape Station to close Aug. 19-30
August 15, 2013 - In order to accelerate the construction work at the TTC's Pape Station, the station will be closed from Aug. 19-30 inclusive.
- TTC extra service to the CNE - Veterans ride for free on Warriors' Day
August 14, 2013 - The TTC will be running extra buses and streetcars on all routes heading to the Canadian National Exhibition.
- New TTC video explains Pape Station closure
August 8, 2013 - The Toronto Transit Commission today released a new, four-minute video to help explain the 12-day closure of Pape Station this Aug. 19-30, including the diversion of three bus routes.
- Take TTC to get to Pilaros Taste of the Danforth
August 7, 2013 - If you're heading to Toronto's Greektown for the Pilaros Taste of the Danforth, Aug. 9-11, leave your car at home, or at any one of the Toronto Transit Commission's free weekend commuter parking lots, and take the subway.
- No TTC subway service south of Bloor Street this weekend
August 7, 2013 - The Toronto Transit Commission continues to conduct major work to upgrade the signal system on the Yonge-University-Spadina subway line from Bloor through to St George stations, this Sat., Aug. 10 and Sun., Aug. 11.
- TTC provides extra service to Scotiabank Caribbean Carnival Toronto
August 2, 2013 - This Sat., Aug. 3, the TTC will provide additional service for customers heading to the Scotiabank Caribbean Carnival
- Spadina-King intersection to close for TTC track work
August 1, 2013 - The TTC and the City of Toronto will carry out major construction work at the Spadina Ave. and King St. W. intersection
49 Bloor West: Detour eastbound via Markland Dr and Bloor St W due to a watermain break.
Last updated 7:45 AM
The TTC issues news releases and media advisories to local, national and international news media by email.
The public can also receive news from the TTC. Simply register with My TTC e-Services or update your existing profile and select news releases, as well as media advisories
Like us on
View the TTC YouTube Channel
Connect with us every day to get service advisories and updates.