Bathurst Station area - track renewal
Scheduled for June 21 to September 5
Work description and purpose
This summer, TTC plans to renew the streetcar track infrastructure at Bathurst Station and on Bathurst Street next to the station. This infrastructure was last replaced in 2005 and is at the end of its lifecycle. Both the streetcar track and overhead wiring system will also be slightly re-aligned in some areas to optimize the operation of TTC’s new low-floor streetcars.
The project will generally take place in two phases:
- Track work on the roadway of Bathurst Street
- Track work inside Bathurst Station
To safely and efficiently complete the work on the roadway, Bathurst Street between Bloor Street and Barton Avenue will be closed to vehicular traffic from June 21 to September 5. Local access will be maintained to the work limits.
Further details will be provided prior to the start of the project.
Expected work activities and work hours
- Major construction activities including concrete breaking, excavation and rail removal will take place from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- The new rail installation phase of this project will involve periods of late evening and overnight work and extended weekend hours - moving rail into position, rail installation and rail welding / grinding. After-hours work is required to preserve the integrity of the rail and support daytime construction.
- Overhead wiring work will take place before and after sequences of track removal/installation.
Local access, traffic and pedestrians
- Access to local businesses/church/homes/medical building will be maintained as best as possible to the limits of the work zone, including deliveries, accessibility and garbage removal. In some instances, full access will not be possible. Those neighbours will be contacted prior to construction start.
- Follow your normal routine for garbage pick-up. Ensure that your address is on your bins.
- Street parking on Bathurst Street between Barton Avenue and Bloor Street will be restricted.
- Access to the east-west laneway between the station and Bloor Street will be maintained as best as possible.
- London Street located off Bathurst Street will be converted to two-way traffic for egress.
- West sidewalk maintained at all times. East sidewalk will be closed for track work.
- The Bike Share Station on the east side of Bathurst Street will not be available.
TTC service – June 21 to September 5
- Subway service and access to the main doors of the station will be maintained.
- 511 Bathurst streetcars will be converted to a bus operation along the entire route.
- 511 and 7 Bathurst service will be diverted to Spadina Station for the duration of this project.
Thank you for your understanding as we work to improve transit infrastructure in Toronto.
For further information:
Paul Tran, Community Liaison, 647-461-5133, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions about construction advisories?
7 a.m.- 10 p.m., except statutory holidays.
TTY Hearing Impaired Service