Bloor and Yonge area - survey work, utility and geotechnical investigations
October 6 to March 31, 2021
What we are doing and why
On June 1, 2020 crews began survey, utility and geotechnical investigations, including borehole drilling as part of the TTC’s Bloor-Yonge Capacity Improvements Project. The survey, utility and borehole work areas are located from north of Asquith Avenue to Hayden Street and from Church Street to Yonge Street.
The work will be continuing on October 6, 2020 with an anticipated completion of March 31, 2021. The new borehole locations are shown in red and the existing locations are in black on the map.
- Work at these locations is expected to be completed by March 31, 2021.
- Some work may be rescheduled due to weather conditions or unforeseen circumstances.
- Work will take place between 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., Monday to Friday with the potential for overnight and weekend work. Separate construction notices will be issued if/when required.
What to expect
- Temporary lane closures will occur during this work, please take extra care while travelling in the areas.
- Equipment and work trucks will be present on the roadway as crews move from one borehole to the next.
- Drilling crews will be at each borehole location for approximately two to three weeks, with occasional follow up visits to each location as required.
- You may experience noise and vibration related to drilling, hydro-vacuuming, and equipment use. Efforts will be made to keep noise levels to a minimum.
- Temporary spray paint markings will be used in the road and on the sidewalks.
Traffic, pedestrian and transit restrictions
- Pedestrian walkways and property access will be maintained at all times.
- No impacts to TTC bus stops are anticipated.
- As always, please take care when travelling near work sites.
Thank you for your patience as we work to improve transit in Toronto.
For further information:
Theresa Buck, Construction Liaison Officer, 647-882-0137; email@example.com.
Questions about construction advisories?
7 a.m.- 10 p.m., except statutory holidays.
TTY Hearing Impaired Service