Broadview Avenue north of Millbrook Crescent - urgent rail repair
September 28 to 30, 2019
What we are doing and why
Starting at 8 a.m. on Saturday, September 28, TTC track crews will be conducting an urgent rail repair on Broadview Avenue just north of Millbrook Crescent. All work activities will be contained within the track area and will include minor breaking and removal of concrete to expose the rail, replacing existing rail with new rail, and placement of new concrete.
- Traffic will be reduced to one lane in each direction through the work zone for the duration of the work.
- On-street parking will be restricted through the area to create safe work zones for the crew.
- The location and length of the work zone may prohibit left turns.
- The lane restrictions and work zone will be cleared by Monday morning around 4 a.m. after the newly placed concrete has cured adequately for road traffic.
Work hours and timeline
- Rail work of this nature is required around-the-clock to ensure quality installation of new rail and concrete.
- On Saturday morning between 5 a.m. and 6 a.m. the track crew will begin setting up the work zone. At 8 a.m., localized excavation and concrete chipping will begin in order to expose the rail to be replaced.
- Old rail will be replaced with the new rail, which will involve some cutting and welding/grinding.
- Concrete will be placed in the track area and set to cure. The newly placed concrete requires curing time before the work zone is removed for the resumption of full road use on Monday.
TTC service - 5 a.m. Saturday, September 28 to 4 a.m. Monday, September 30
- 504B/304 King Buses will replace streetcars between Broadview Station and King Street/Parliament Street.
- 504B King Streetcars will operate between Broadview/Dundas and Dufferin Gate loop.
- 304 King streetcars will operate between Dundas West Station and Broadview/Dundas.
Thank you for your patience during this rail repair.
For further information:
Paul Tran, Community Liaison, 416-981-1601, email@example.com
Questions about construction advisories?
7 a.m.- 10 p.m., except statutory holidays.
TTY Hearing Impaired Service