Chester Station - elevator construction
Starting as early as August 20, 2018
Work description and purpose
Starting as early as August 20, construction of the Easier Access elevators at Chester Station will begin. Two new elevators will be constructed on the west side of the main station. Utility work within TPA lot 87 will also take place.
What to expect and work hours
- Activities will include the excavation, shoring and concrete pouring of the two elevator shafts.
- Noise and vibration associated with construction can be expected with this work. The contractor will work to keep both to a minimum.
- A work zone will be set up in the Toronto Parking Authority Lot - No.87 as early as August 15 to carry out utility work. Access to the laneway will not be possible from the parking lot, but it will remain accessible from Ainsworth Road to the north. The laneway south of the parking lot will remain accessible from the south entrance.
- Delivery of large equipment and materials to the site will take place as early as August 15.
- Work hours are scheduled Monday to Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Some weekend work may be required at times. Some delivery of equipment and materials will take place after 7 p.m.
Pedestrian, Cycling and Vehicular Access
- Access to the main entrance of Chester Station will be maintained during construction.
- The pedestrian walkway north of the station will remain accessible as long as safely possible during construction.
- The Bike Share station north of the station will remain accessible as long as safely possible during construction.
- Vehicular traffic will be maintained on Chester Avenue.
- Two-way traffic on Arundel Avenue will be permitted up to the parking lot entrance only.
Thank you for your patience as we work to improve transit accessibility and safety at Chester Station.
For further information:
Niki Angelis, Community Liaison, 416-981-1532, firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions about construction advisories?
7 a.m.- 10 p.m., except statutory holidays.
TTY Hearing Impaired Service