College Station - overnight work
Weeknights of August 30 to September 17, 2021 - 10 p.m. to 7 a.m. nightly
What we are doing and why?
As part of the construction activities to make College Station safer and accessible, overnight work activities are required to carry out work related to utility installation and foundation/structural support.
What to expect
- From August 30 to September 3, the contractor will be conducting activities related to the combined sewer located just south of College Street.
- Equipment used during this time will include work vehicles, an excavator and a hydro vacuum truck.
- From September 6 to September 17 (excluding weekends), the contractor will be installing micro piles.
- Equipment used during this time will include work vehicles and a drill rig machine.
- On the evening of Friday September 10, a crew will remove the sign at the Carlu entrance. In order to safely remove the sign, the sidewalk and Carlu entrance will be blocked at 10 p.m.
- The trailer site located at 21 Granby Street will also be active overnight to provide washrooms and break rooms for the workers.
- Work hours will be from approximately 10 p.m. to 7 a.m. the following morning.
- Noise can be expected with this work. Crews will monitor the noise levels and make efforts to keep noise to a minimum as best as possible.
Work activities will take place within the hoarded work zone. Pedestrian access will be maintained and one lane of traffic in each direction on Yonge Street will be available.
Thank you for your patience as we work to make College Station accessible.
August 30 to September 2, 2021 - Denise Jayawardene, Community Liaison, 416-393-6937, email@example.com
September 3 to September 17, 2021 - Niki Angelis, Community Liaison, 416-894-0869, firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions about construction advisories?
7 a.m.- 10 p.m., except statutory holidays.
TTY Hearing Impaired Service