Dundas Street in front of Dundas West Station - essential rail repair
June 29 to July 1, 2019 - around-the-clock work
What we are doing and why?
Starting at 7 a.m. on Saturday, June 29, TTC track crews will be conducting a rail repair on Dundas Street West, north of Bloor Street (in front of Dundas West Station). All work activities will be contained within the track area and southbound curb lane. Work will include; minor breaking and removal of concrete to expose the rail, replacing sections of existing rail with new rail, and placement of new concrete. Another repair in this area is tentatively scheduled for late July 2019.
Traffic and pedestrian restrictions
- Traffic will be reduced to one lane in each direction through the work zone until completion.
- On-street parking may be restricted through the area to create a safe work zone for the crew.
- The location and length of the work zone may prohibit left turns.
- The lane restrictions and work zone will be cleared on Monday morning around 3 a.m. after the newly placed concrete has cured adequately for road traffic.
Work hours and timeline
- Rail work of this nature is required around-the-clock to ensure quality installation of new rail and concrete.
- On Saturday morning around 7 a.m., the track crew will begin setting up the work zone. Shortly after, localized excavation and concrete chipping will begin in order to expose the rail to be replaced. Concrete excavation and removal will be conducted between 8 a.m. and 9 p.m.
- Other minor work activities not involving excavation will continue overnight after 9 p.m.
- Old rail will be replaced with the new rail, which will involve some cutting and welding/grinding.
- Concrete will be placed in the track area and set to cure overnight. The newly placed concrete requires curing time before the work zone is removed for the resumption of full road use.
TTC service – 5 a.m. on June 29 to 3 a.m. on July 1
Streetcars will be restricted from entering Dundas West Station during this work. Buses will continue operating into the station.
- 504A/304 King streetcars will operate between Sunnyside Loop (Roncesvalles/Queensway) and Distillery Loop.
- 504B/304 King shuttle buses will operate between Dundas West Station and Dufferin Gate Loop.
- 505 Dundas buses will operate regular routing into the station.
- 506/306 Carlton streetcars will operate between High Park Loop and Main Street Station.
Thank you for your patience during this necessary rail repair.
For further information:
Paul Tran, Community Liaison, 416-981-1601, firstname.lastname@example.org
There are no major disruptions at this time.
Questions about construction advisories?
7 a.m.- 10 p.m., except statutory holidays.
TTY Hearing Impaired Service