Exhibition streetcar loop - preventative track maintenance
December 16 to 21, 2020
What we are doing and why
Weather permitting, starting on Wednesday, December 16 through to Monday, December 21, TTC track crews will carry out some preventative track maintenance on the westbound streetcar track of the Exhibition Loop. This work is required to maintain safe streetcar operations. The work will include drilling holes into the concrete near a section of rail and injecting epoxy. The work zone will be cleared by 9 a.m. on Monday, December 21.
Work hours and timeline
- On Wednesday morning at 5 a.m. the track crew will set up the work zone and at 7 a.m. will begin drilling into the concrete and then injecting the epoxy.
- While most work typically ends at 11 p.m., some light work may occur overnight.
- The epoxy requires time to cure before the work zone can be removed for the resumption of full use Monday morning.
- 511 Bathurst: buses are currently operating on route in place of streetcars due to the ongoing Bathurst Street Bridge project and will be maintained through the work zone.
- 509 Harbourfront: streetcars will be maintained through the work zone.
Thank you for your patience as we make this repair to maintain safe operations.
For further information, please contact:
Arno van Dijk, Construction Liaison Officer, 416-434-0759, firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions about construction advisories?
7 a.m.- 10 p.m., except statutory holidays.
TTY Hearing Impaired Service