Leslie Street between Mosley Street and Commissioners Street - essential concrete repairs
Starting September 8 for approximately 2 weeks
What we are doing and why
Starting the week of September 8, TTC will be conducting repairs to concrete sections of streetcar track on Leslie Street between Mosley Street and Commissioners Street. Work will be divided into two sections: Mosley to Lake Shore and Lake Shore to Commissioners. Crews will start working from Lake Shore to Commissioners first.
The work involves removing broken / loose concrete along the outside portion of the streetcar track and replacing it with asphalt. The repairs do not involve rail replacement as they are in good condition.
Traffic and parking restrictions
- Crews will occupy the streetcar track allowance (centre lanes) to conduct the repairs. A moving work zone will be in effect.
- Traffic will be maintained in the curb lanes in both directions through the work area.
- Access to driveways and laneways will be maintained as best as possible from the curb lane.
- There may be left turning restrictions across the work areas.
Work hours and timeline
- A work zone will be established on Leslie Street south of Lake Shore Boulevard starting Tuesday.
- Majority of the work, including concrete excavation and removal, will be between 7 a.m. and 11 p.m.
- Other activities (not involving excavation) may continue around-the-clock.
- Lane restrictions through the work zones will remain in place until the asphalt has adequately set before vehicle traffic is allowed to travel over the repaired areas.
- Streetcar operations on Leslie Street between Queen Street East and Leslie Barns will be maintained.
- 83 Jones bus service will be maintained.
Thank you for your patience during these essential concrete repairs.
For further information:
Paul Tran, Community Liaison, 416-981-1601, email@example.com
Questions about construction advisories?
7 a.m.- 10 p.m., except statutory holidays.
TTY Hearing Impaired Service