Old Mill Station - bus roadway and platform improvements
May 28 to December 2018 (updated)
Work description and purpose
TTC has been working to rehabilitate the bus roadway and passenger platform at Old Mill Station since May 28. The majority of the work will be completed in phases in order to maintain bus service through the loop as long as possible. There will be a phase when the entire bus loop is closed for construction in the month of August (see below).
To maintain customer safety during each phase, protective fencing will be installed along work areas, including at the front of the main entrance and some areas of the platform.
What to expect during construction
- During the week of May 21, the contractor will set up a storage area and a deliver construction trailers.
- Work will begin on May 28. The contractor will start to excavate and replace the existing roadway and passenger platform in phases.
- Dust, noise and debris will be controlled as best as possible.
- Two-way through traffic on Old Mill Trail will be maintained. Intermittent delays should be expected.
The majority of the work will take place on weekdays from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. with some exceptions outside of these hours for safety, including some weekends.
The station will be open during the project. Subway and bus service will be maintained throughout construction. Bus boarding locations will change to during phases of the work.
All work related to this project is scheduled for completion by December 2018.
Thank you for your patience as we work to improve transit infrastructure.
Update - Temporary route diversion
August 5 to August 31, 2018
Starting Sunday, August 5 the next phase of construction requires the full closure of the bus loop. Buses on the 66 Prince Edward route will temporarily divert on local streets near the station. The bus loop/platform is scheduled to reopen to buses on August 31 or sooner if conditions are suitable for safe vehicle operations.
66 Prince Edward route
- Buses will be restricted from entering the station bus loop from August 5 to August 31 and will be diverted on streets closest to the original route to maintain the best possible transit service. Diversion routing; east on Bloor Street, north on Old Mill Trail, west on Old Mill Road and west on Bloor Street to regular routing.
- A temporary northbound bus stop will be established on Old Mill Trail near the station, and a temporary westbound stop will be located on Old Mill Road near The Kingsway.
- The existing westbound stop on Bloor Street at Old Mill Road will not be served during the diversion.
Two-way through traffic on Old Mill Trail will be maintained. Intermittent delays should be expected.
For further information:
Paul Tran, Community Liaison, 416-981-1601; firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions about construction advisories?
7 a.m.- 10 p.m., except statutory holidays.
TTY Hearing Impaired Service