Queen Street East - essential concrete repairs
From June 25 to 28, July 2 to 4, July 8 to 12, July 15 to 19
What we are doing and why?
On Tuesday, June 25, TTC started essential and localized repairs to concrete sections of streetcar track allowance on Queen Street East between Broadview Avenue and Leslie Street. The repairs do not involve rail replacement as they are in good condition.
Localized concrete repair areas on Queen Street East:
- Jones Avenue/Rushbrooke Avenue
- Carlaw Avenue to Pape Avenue
- Booth Avenue
- Logan Avenue
- Boulton Avenue
- De Grassi Street
Work will not take place on weekends, including during the Sounds of Leslieville & Riverside event from July 5 to 7.
Update: To maintain reliable TTC service and traffic on Queen Street East, work will not take place during A.M. and P.M. rush hours. An additional week of work has been added to the schedule to accommodate this change (July 15 to 19).
The work involves removal of broken / loose concrete along the streetcar track allowance and replacing it with asphalt. All work is scheduled for completion by July 19, pending weather. Each location will take approximately two to three days, starting at the east end and working west.
Traffic and parking restrictions
- Crews will occupy the streetcar track allowance (centre lanes) to conduct the repairs.
- Traffic will be maintained in the curb lanes in both directions through the moving work zones.
- On-street parking on Queen Street East adjacent to the work areas will be temporarily restricted.
- Access to driveways and laneways will be maintained from the curb lane.
- There may be left turning restrictions across the work areas.
Work hours and timeline
- The first work zone was established on June 25 at Jones / Rushbrooke. Crews will start at the east end and work west towards Boulton / De Grassi.
- Concrete excavation and removal will be conducted between 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. and 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. (outside rush hours).
- Other minor work activities not involving excavation may continue overnight after 10 p.m.
- Lane restrictions through the work zones will remain in place until the paved asphalt has adequately set before vehicle traffic is allowed to travel over the repaired areas.
Streetcar and bus operations on Queen Street East will be maintained at all times.
Thank you for your patience during these essential concrete repairs.
Thank you for your patience during these concrete repairs.
For further information:
Paul Tran, Community Liaison, 416-981-1601; email@example.com.
Don Mills: Elevator back in service between Sheppard Ave E south side entrance and concourse.
Last updated 1:51 AM
Questions about construction advisories?
7 a.m.- 10 p.m., except statutory holidays.
TTY Hearing Impaired Service