Sherbourne Station - Easier Access Project
August 2019 to end of 2021
What we are doing and why?
As part of the TTC’s Easier Access Program, Sherbourne Station will be upgraded with two new elevators to improve accessibility and customer convenience.
Construction at Sherbourne Station will begin as early as mid-August, 2019.
Easier Access Improvements Include:
- Barrier-free path from the main entrance to all levels of the station with the installation of 2 forward motion elevators to access eastbound and westbound platforms
- PRESTO-enabled accessible fare gates
- Automatic sliding station entry doors
- Improved signage
- CCTV – Security cameras along the accessible pathway
What to expect
- Activities will include the excavation, shoring and concrete pouring of the two elevator shafts.
- The majority of construction for the new elevators will take place within Sherbourne Station and on private property (425 Bloor Street East). Protective hoarding will be in place.
- Work hours will vary to accommodate tenants and to complete the project as quickly as possible.
- Noise and vibration associated with construction can be expected with this work. The contractor will work to keep both to a minimum.
Transit Information and Access
- Access to the station will be maintained throughout construction.
- No impacts to subway service on Line 2 – Bloor-Danforth or to bus route.
For further information:
Niki Angelis, Community Liaison, 416-981-1532, email@example.com.
Questions about construction advisories?
7 a.m.- 10 p.m., except statutory holidays.
TTY Hearing Impaired Service