Summerhill Station - Easier Access project
Utility investigations - extended to May 15
See background information on TTC's Easier Access program.
What we are doing and why
As part of the design process for the TTC’s Easier Access Program at Summerhill Station, crews will be in the area from Tuesday, May 5 to Friday, May 15 to carry out utility investigations on Shaftesbury Avenue between Yonge Street and Shaftesbury Place.
Work details and access
- The work involves the use of coring equipment and a hydro vacuum truck to create 9 test pits.
- Construction crews and equipment will be present along the street and some trucks/equipment may remain overnight.
- The work is expected to be completed in 4 days, pending weather and site conditions. If the work cannot be completed in this time frame crews will need to return.
- Work hours will be from 8 a.m. and 5 p.m.
- Pedestrian and vehicular traffic will be maintained during the investigations with a traffic control person on site.
- Access to Summerhill Station will be maintained.
Noise and vibration
Nearby residents and businesses can expect to hear increased noise caused by core drills and the hydro vacuum truck. Efforts will be made to keep noise levels to a minimum.
Thank you for your patience as we work to make Summerhill Station Accessible.
For further information:
Niki Angelis, Community Liaison, 416-981-1532, email@example.com.
Questions about construction advisories?
7 a.m.- 10 p.m., except statutory holidays.
TTY Hearing Impaired Service